The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver. "Minor BitFunction" 64 Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port.
Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device.
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following:
- ATen parallel printer adapter
- Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter
- Canon BJ F850, S600
- Canon LBP-1310, 350
- Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter
- Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ)
- Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS
- Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C